Sunday, February 7, 2010

Success!!

Happy Sunday! Chad is at church and so I thought I would do a little blogging. I went to early service, but poor Chad has to go to both services which makes for a really long day for him!

Well this week we made our first new recipes. One was a success and the other not so much. As I mentioned earlier, my goal is make one new dish as well as one new finger food or appetizer
or dessert. So we thought we would try and make sugar coated pecans. We LOVE these, but had never tried making these ourselves. Well, they were not good. First of all we burnt them. We checked them every ten minutes and stirred them around (they are supposed to cook for 30 min.) but the last 10 minutes is what did them in. Besides the fact that they were burnt, they weren't all that sweet. We are thinking that we need to not only add more sugar, but maybe replace the white sugar with brown. I don't know. Any ideas? Has anyone made these before? My aunt has and they are delicious, but she lost her recipe and this is one she found on-line, but they didn't taste anything like hers. So we will just have to try them again sometime. Too bad pecans are so expensive!

BUT our second attempt at creating a new dish turned out excellent! A couple of weeks ago we went to Red Lobster for dinner. We don't usually eat there but we had a gift card and who can turn down a free meal! So I got my usual shrimp and Chad got Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo.
It was absolutely delicious!!! So I thought, why not try to make that? So I googled the recipe and found a few different ones. I combined what I liked about 3 different recipes I found to make the perfect Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo. I went ahead and provided you with the recipe below. If anybody makes this, let me know how it turns out and if you make any changes!





Chicken Linguini Alfredo
  • 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • Cajun Seasoning
  • Red Pepper
  • Green Pepper
  • Yellow Pepper
  • Onion
  • Linguini
  • 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. Basil
  • 1/4 tsp. Lemon Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
  • 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook linguini as you would regular spaghetti (as far as measurements go....I'm horrible with measuring how much pasta to use. I used a little pasta measurer and measured out 2 servings).

2. Place chicken in plastic bag and season with cajun seasoning. Shake to coat (we did not measure the cajun spice, we just eye-balled it. It really just depends on how seasoned you like your chicken). In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until almost tender. When almost cooked, add peppers and onion.

3. For sauce: In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add garlic and lightly carmelize. Then add the heavy cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, pepper. When sauce is to desired consistency (it won't be real thick, and don't cook too long or it will start to separate!) add parmesan (we bought a block of parmesan and grated it. There's something about real freshly grated parmesan- tastes delicious!).

4. Add linguini to sauce. Toss and heat through. Serve with chicken and peppers on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment