Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Valentines!!!


I know this title is almost a week late, I had meant to do it Sunday, but I guess I forgot. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines with their wonderful Valentine. Here's a picture of the beautiful flowers Chad got for me.


We didn't really do anything this year. First of all it fell on a Sunday and as we all know Sundays are not a minister's day off. But Friday we had a nice dinner here. I made him brownies (shown below) and we ate chicken and breaded squash and cooked them in our fondue pot. I LOVE using our fondue pot and we don't use it enough. Usually once a year. For our second anniversary Chad took me to "The Melting Pot" as a surprise. It was AWESOME!!!! If you don't know what it is, it is a fondue restaurant. And you can get a three course meal- bread dipped in cheese for the appetizer, meats for the main dish, and fruit dipped in chocolate for the dessert. MMMmmmm....Actually tonight we used our fondue pot to dip our fruit in chocolate. White chocolate that is. I don't really like chocolate.

Anyways...back to Valentines with my Valentine. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband. One of our youth group kids told me "He takes good care of you," and that is so true. If I have to grow old, I'm glad I get to grow old with him.








Baker's Chocolate & Mocha Sweethearts
  • 4 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
  • 3/4 cup margarine or chocolate
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup General Foods International Suisse Mocha Cafe (or any other flavor)
  • 6 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of oil extending over sides. Spray foil with cooking spray.

3. Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for two minutes or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and flavored instant coffee; stir until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.

4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely. Use foil handles to remove brownie from pan. Cut into shapes with heart shaped cookie cutter (optional*). Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package. Dip tops of brownies hearts into chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.


These were pretty good, but there are a few things I would change if I made it again. First of all, I wonder how it would taste if I used another flavor of instant coffee like Cafe Latte instead of Suisse Mocha. You just couldn't really taste a difference with the Suisse Mocha. Tasted like chocolate. Also, make sure you check the brownies several minutes before it says they are done. I took mine out after about 28 minuets and I wished I had taken them out sooner. And lastly, don't refrigerate the brownies. There is really no need. The chocolate will firm up whether or not you refrigerate them, and honestly, who likes cold brownies??


No comments:

Post a Comment